Lane closures could cause weekend delays on A47
Kathryn CrossMotorists face two weekends of disruption on the A47 due to the replacement of sections of road surface on the westbound stretch between Dereham and Beeston.Kathryn Cross
Motorists face two weekends of disruption on the A47 due to the replacement of sections of road surface on the westbound stretch between Dereham and Beeston.
The work, which is expected to start on Friday , involves replacing seven slabs of concrete each three metres long to improve the road surface for safety and ride quality reasons.
Lane closures will be in force with convoy systems of traffic management put in place during the two weekends between 8pm on Friday to 6am on Monday.
The Highways Agency has announced a 10 miles per hour speed limit when the convoy is in use and 40 miles per hour speed limit at all other times. There is no overtaking on the A47 westbound between the points 420 metres west of the entry slip road leading from the A47/A1075 Toftwood Interchange and 350 metres west of its junction with the C265 Dereham Road, and eastbound between the points 100 metres west of the junction with the C221 Beeston Road and 170 metres west of the Toftwood Interchange exit slip road.
You may also want to watch:
All laybys within the section of road will be closed for 24 hours daily during the works period.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place