From Amazon to ASOS: When are the last delivery dates before Christmas?
- Credit: Press Association Images
With Christmas almost here, there isn't long left to ensure presents and cards reach family and friends before December 25.
The final order dates from a number of major retailers have been revealed which show the last date that orders should be made before the big day.
Thursday, December 23, is the final date to order for most Amazon purchases, however, if using Amazon Prime you can send off certain gifts as late as Friday, December 24, by using Same-Day Delivery.
You will not be able to order Same-Day Delivery on Christmas Day if ordering on Saturday, December 25.
In order to guarantee delivery ahead of Christmas Day, orders should be made by Special Delivery Guaranteed no later than Thursday, December 23.
- 1 Developer requests not to contribute £100,000 for affordable housing
- 2 Village chapel could be converted into homes
- 3 What the average Norfolk house price can buy you in the county's towns
- 4 Rare pink grasshoppers spotted in Norfolk garden
- 5 Niece pledges 10,000 steps a day after uncle's 'bombshell' brain tumour
- 6 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 7 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 8 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 9 Chance to try leisure centre for free at open day
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
You can also send by Royal Mail Tracked 24 Hours until Wednesday, December 22.
First class post, as well as first class signed-for packages and Royal Mail Tracked 48 Hours, need to be sent by Tuesday, December 21.
Second class mail, which includes signed-for has to be sent off by Saturday, December 18.
The final day you can order from Argos is Friday, December 24, to ensure a delivery in time for Christmas.
Be sure to order by Thursday, December 23, in order to receive deliveries in time, however, for select postcodes, an order on Christmas Eve could be possible.
The final date to ensure a Christmas delivery is Sunday, December 19 but you can purchase items in-store until December 24.
It is advised that customers order by 7pm on Monday, December 20, to ensure gifts arrive by the big day.
Orders made by Wednesday, December 22, should arrive by Christmas Day.
The John Lewis website said that delivery cut-off times "may vary" over the Christmas period. This depends on the item and if it is available on Next Day Delivery.
Marks & Spencer
M&S Christmas food is no longer available to be ordered online but can still be ordered in shops.
As for gift orders from the non-food hall section, they should be ordered no later than Wednesday, December 22.
The last day to order from Next is Thursday, December 23, to ensure a delivery in time for Christmas Day.
People in London have until Friday, December 24, but this date doesn't apply to people outside of the capital.
The final post date for a guaranteed Christmas Day delivery is 9pm on Monday, December 20.
To ensure Christmas Day delivery from Very, customers will need to order by 10pm on Tuesday, December 21.