Law firm makes eight redundant
Eight people have been made redundant from a Norfolk law firm.Hood Vores and Allwood Solicitors, which has offices in Dereham and Aylsham, yesterday announced the redundancies which were finalised at the end of last week.
Eight people have been made redundant from a long-established Dereham law firm.
Hood Vores and Allwood Solicitors, which has offices in Dereham and Aylsham, this week announced the redundancies which were finalised at the end of last week.
Two lawyers and four support staff were made redundant after a consultation process which began in January. Two other support staff had been made redundant at the end of last year.
Operations partner David Rose said current market conditions had made it necessary to review staffing levels.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'We would not be announcing these redundancies if we felt that we had an alternative.
'We have always recruited and retained the highest calibre of staff. Some of them have been with Hood Vores and Allwood for many years, a few since they left school. They are part of the Hood Vores and Allwood Family, so it has been incredibly difficult for my partners and I to look people in the eye and tell them that they no longer have a job.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
'We are looking to support those staff affected to find alternative employment.'
He said the job cuts would not affect the firm's service to clients.
Before the redundancies Hood Vores and Allwood had 31 staff and five partners.