Law firm makes eight redundant
Eight people have been made redundant from a Norfolk law firm.Hood Vores and Allwood Solicitors, which has offices in Dereham and Aylsham, yesterday announced the redundancies which were finalised at the end of last week.
Eight people have been made redundant from a long-established Dereham law firm.
Hood Vores and Allwood Solicitors, which has offices in Dereham and Aylsham, this week announced the redundancies which were finalised at the end of last week.
Two lawyers and four support staff were made redundant after a consultation process which began in January. Two other support staff had been made redundant at the end of last year.
Operations partner David Rose said current market conditions had made it necessary to review staffing levels.
He said: 'We would not be announcing these redundancies if we felt that we had an alternative.
'We have always recruited and retained the highest calibre of staff. Some of them have been with Hood Vores and Allwood for many years, a few since they left school. They are part of the Hood Vores and Allwood Family, so it has been incredibly difficult for my partners and I to look people in the eye and tell them that they no longer have a job.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
'We are looking to support those staff affected to find alternative employment.'
He said the job cuts would not affect the firm's service to clients.
Before the redundancies Hood Vores and Allwood had 31 staff and five partners.