Lenwade zoo hotel shut down
A hotel which has its own zoological gardens has been shut down, it was revealed yesterday. Lenwade Country House Hotel and Zoological Gardens has been closed by its management, Taylor James and Christopher Buxton.
A hotel which has its own zoological gardens has been shut down, it was revealed yesterday.
Lenwade Country House Hotel and Zoological Gardens has been closed by its management, Taylor James and Christopher Buxton.
The pair reopened the business in June 2007 after restoring the hotel which had closed earlier that year with the loss of 18 jobs.
They had applied for a zoo licence for the hotel, which they leased off Paul Rogers, director of Highmay, which owns the building as well as Lakeside Country Club in Lyng, in October 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Animals at the hotel include marmosets, llamas, wallabies and ring-tailed lemurs.
Last night Mr Taylor said that the hotel was closed but that they did not currently wish to comment.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
The hotel, on the Norwich to Fakenham road, has 38 en-suite rooms.