Lenwade zoo hotel shut down
A hotel which has its own zoological gardens has been shut down, it was revealed yesterday. Lenwade Country House Hotel and Zoological Gardens has been closed by its management, Taylor James and Christopher Buxton.
A hotel which has its own zoological gardens has been shut down, it was revealed yesterday.
Lenwade Country House Hotel and Zoological Gardens has been closed by its management, Taylor James and Christopher Buxton.
The pair reopened the business in June 2007 after restoring the hotel which had closed earlier that year with the loss of 18 jobs.
They had applied for a zoo licence for the hotel, which they leased off Paul Rogers, director of Highmay, which owns the building as well as Lakeside Country Club in Lyng, in October 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Animals at the hotel include marmosets, llamas, wallabies and ring-tailed lemurs.
Last night Mr Taylor said that the hotel was closed but that they did not currently wish to comment.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
The hotel, on the Norwich to Fakenham road, has 38 en-suite rooms.