Little chefs! Primary pupils cook up a storm making pumpkin soup
- Credit: Archant
Making pumpkin soup was all in a day's work for a reception class at North Elmham primary school.
The budding chefs presented their class teacher with a shopping list, requesting a feast of autumnal vegetables.
Miss Hardingham, early years teacher at the primary school said: 'I had no idea we'd end up making pumpkin soup, but their fascination with pumpkins just grew throughout the week - that's the beauty of being able to follow the children's lead.'
The class chose their own ingredients, learnt to follow a recipe, prepare the vegetables and use a slow cooker.
And they were delighted to present their creation to their parents at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
One parent said 'It was delicious.
'Emelia was so excited to tell me how she made it.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 4 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback
'She even asked if she could make it for tea!'
The school will hold an open morning on Monday, November 20, at 9.30am and an afternoon on Wednesday, November 29, at 1.30pm.
For more details, call the school office on 01362 668318.
North Elmham will also hold an informal open morning on Saturday, November 25, from 10am to 2pm, for anyone interested in visiting the school.
Places are currently available for prospective pupils to join years two and six.