Little chefs! Primary pupils cook up a storm making pumpkin soup
- Credit: Archant
Making pumpkin soup was all in a day's work for a reception class at North Elmham primary school.
The budding chefs presented their class teacher with a shopping list, requesting a feast of autumnal vegetables.
Miss Hardingham, early years teacher at the primary school said: 'I had no idea we'd end up making pumpkin soup, but their fascination with pumpkins just grew throughout the week - that's the beauty of being able to follow the children's lead.'
The class chose their own ingredients, learnt to follow a recipe, prepare the vegetables and use a slow cooker.
And they were delighted to present their creation to their parents at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
One parent said 'It was delicious.
'Emelia was so excited to tell me how she made it.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 9 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
'She even asked if she could make it for tea!'
The school will hold an open morning on Monday, November 20, at 9.30am and an afternoon on Wednesday, November 29, at 1.30pm.
For more details, call the school office on 01362 668318.
North Elmham will also hold an informal open morning on Saturday, November 25, from 10am to 2pm, for anyone interested in visiting the school.
Places are currently available for prospective pupils to join years two and six.