Little owls get ready to fly the nest following special graduation ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Children's achievements were at the heart of a graduation ceremony held near Dereham.
A group of 65 youngsters from Little Owls Day Nursery, in Toftwood and Scarning, recently attended the event with their families at Toftwood Infant School.
Directors Justine and Johnny Watts explained that the annual event is an important milestone for the children before they leave to begin school in September.
'Many of our children have been with us since they were a baby so it is a very momentous and emotional morning for families and staff involved,' Mrs Watts said.
The ceremony took place on Saturday, July 7, and commenced with an action song show by the children, which had been practised for weeks. The parents were then treated to a slideshow of photos of the children taken during their years at nursery.
You may also want to watch:
This was then followed by the graduation celebration and each child was invited onto the stage, complete in full graduation attire, and presented with a scroll.
Mrs Watts added: 'At the end of this lovely celebration our staff are provided with small bunches of flowers as a thank you from the nursery.'
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church