Community bake-off in Norfolk village judged by celebrity chefs and raises more than £2,000
- Credit: Archant
A Mid Norfolk community bake-off raised £2,037 and was judged by local celebrity chefs, Richard Bainbridge and Charlie Hodson
The competition at the Fox in Lyng is hosted over a 12-week period and owner Victoria Hunt said: "We were so thrilled with the public support last year and the customers asked us to hold the bake-off again, so we brought it back for a second year.
"More people entered the weekly rounds this time and the competition really did raise the standards.
"It's great for building the community and I am really pleased that both Richard and Charlie were keen to be involved again."
All proceeds were donated to Friends of Lyng Primary School and Lyng's Wensum Valley nursery school.
You may also want to watch:
Joy Kiddell will be recreating her winning entry on stage at the Holkham Christmas food fayre alongside Fox head chef Vic Rowling, Mr Hodson and friends.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze