Wrestler gets behind Norfolk Day
- Credit: TNA Wrestling
Dignitaries, a member of the House of Lords and a professional wrestler originally from a north-west Norfolk village have thrown their weight behind Norfolk Day.
Communities, organisations and individuals are being encouraged to back the special day on July 27 which will celebrate all that is good about the county.
Wrestler Nick Aldis, who grew up in Docking, is backing the major event, which will see events big and small being put on across Norfolk.
The National Wrestling Alliance world champion, also known as Magnus, said growing up in rural Norfolk was part of the reason he had succeeded in wrestling.
'With the exception of television there wasn't a whole lot of distractions except sports,' he said, adding that he supported Norfolk Day and would be celebrating on July 27 with the rest of the county.
You may also want to watch:
Baroness Shephard, members of the Lords, is another who has given her backing to the day.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting