Man arrested after walking back into service station he is suspected to have stolen from
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man in his 20s was arrested after walking back into a service station he is suspected to have stolen from while a police officer was inside conducting his investigations.
Food items were stolen from a service station on Yaxham Road in Dereham at 2.05am on Tuesday and a police officer arrived at the premises later in the morning to look into what had happened.
At 8:06am, while the officer was still there conducting investigations, the man who is suspected to have carried out the theft walked back into the service station and was subsequently arrested.
He was arrested on suspicion of theft and breaking court bail conditions and remains in custody.
A tweet from Breckland Police said: 'Join Shop Watch and combat theft.
You may also want to watch:
'Contact your #SNT (Safer Neighbourhood Team) for info.'
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk