Man arrested after walking back into service station he is suspected to have stolen from
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man in his 20s was arrested after walking back into a service station he is suspected to have stolen from while a police officer was inside conducting his investigations.
Food items were stolen from a service station on Yaxham Road in Dereham at 2.05am on Tuesday and a police officer arrived at the premises later in the morning to look into what had happened.
At 8:06am, while the officer was still there conducting investigations, the man who is suspected to have carried out the theft walked back into the service station and was subsequently arrested.
He was arrested on suspicion of theft and breaking court bail conditions and remains in custody.
A tweet from Breckland Police said: 'Join Shop Watch and combat theft.
You may also want to watch:
'Contact your #SNT (Safer Neighbourhood Team) for info.'
- 1 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal