Man arrested after walking back into service station he is suspected to have stolen from
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man in his 20s was arrested after walking back into a service station he is suspected to have stolen from while a police officer was inside conducting his investigations.
Food items were stolen from a service station on Yaxham Road in Dereham at 2.05am on Tuesday and a police officer arrived at the premises later in the morning to look into what had happened.
At 8:06am, while the officer was still there conducting investigations, the man who is suspected to have carried out the theft walked back into the service station and was subsequently arrested.
He was arrested on suspicion of theft and breaking court bail conditions and remains in custody.
A tweet from Breckland Police said: 'Join Shop Watch and combat theft.
You may also want to watch:
'Contact your #SNT (Safer Neighbourhood Team) for info.'
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town