Man charged with paedophile murder
A 42-year-old from Norwich was yesterday charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
A 42-year-old from Norwich was last week charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.
Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on March 16.
Police said the charge follows a challenging and highly detailed five month investigation, led by Det Supt Steve Strong.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Boon, from Norwich, was last seen in the city on October 3 and his body was discovered a few days later at Rabbit Lane, Great Witchingham on October 6.
He had served a six year prison sentence for sexually assaulting two young girls.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 7 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 8 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Huge demand as tickets for The Polar Express Train Ride go on sale