Man charged with paedophile murder
A 42-year-old from Norwich was yesterday charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
A 42-year-old from Norwich was last week charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.
Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on March 16.
Police said the charge follows a challenging and highly detailed five month investigation, led by Det Supt Steve Strong.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Boon, from Norwich, was last seen in the city on October 3 and his body was discovered a few days later at Rabbit Lane, Great Witchingham on October 6.
He had served a six year prison sentence for sexually assaulting two young girls.
- 1 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 6 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut