Man charged with paedophile murder
A 42-year-old from Norwich was yesterday charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
A 42-year-old from Norwich was last week charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.
Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on March 16.
Police said the charge follows a challenging and highly detailed five month investigation, led by Det Supt Steve Strong.
Mr Boon, from Norwich, was last seen in the city on October 3 and his body was discovered a few days later at Rabbit Lane, Great Witchingham on October 6.
He had served a six year prison sentence for sexually assaulting two young girls.
- 1 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 4 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 6 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 7 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
- 10 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'