Man charged with paedophile murder
A 42-year-old from Norwich was yesterday charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
A 42-year-old from Norwich was last week charged with the murder of paedophile Gordon Boon.
Royston McDonald Jackson of Pettis Road, Norwich, has been charged, after consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, with the murder of 73-year-old Mr Boon and has been remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on March 16.
Police said the charge follows a challenging and highly detailed five month investigation, led by Det Supt Steve Strong.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Boon, from Norwich, was last seen in the city on October 3 and his body was discovered a few days later at Rabbit Lane, Great Witchingham on October 6.
He had served a six year prison sentence for sexually assaulting two young girls.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000