Man dies in lorry crash on A47 in Scarning
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man was killed in a collision involving two lorries on the A47 at Scarning.
The accident took place on a straight section of road between the A1075 and A1065 at around 8.30am on Thursday.
A male passenger in one of the lorries died at the scene, while the drivers sustained minor injuries.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47, near Norwich.
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until just after 7pm on Thursday. Norfolk Police posted on Twitter that officers had assisted in a 'complex recovery operation' and a crane was needed to remove the vehicles.
More information can be found on the Highways England website.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 'Singing in their seats' - Pubs promise loud atmosphere for England game
- 2 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 3 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Town pub revamped as carveries prove a hit
- 9 Man in 30s left in need of surgery after serious assault
- 10 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique