Man dies in lorry crash on A47 in Scarning
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man was killed in a collision involving two lorries on the A47 at Scarning.
The accident took place on a straight section of road between the A1075 and A1065 at around 8.30am on Thursday.
A male passenger in one of the lorries died at the scene, while the drivers sustained minor injuries.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47, near Norwich.
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until just after 7pm on Thursday. Norfolk Police posted on Twitter that officers had assisted in a 'complex recovery operation' and a crane was needed to remove the vehicles.
More information can be found on the Highways England website.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 5 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- 8 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Dereham soccer academy win national championship