Man dies in lorry crash on A47 in Scarning
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man was killed in a collision involving two lorries on the A47 at Scarning.
The accident took place on a straight section of road between the A1075 and A1065 at around 8.30am on Thursday.
A male passenger in one of the lorries died at the scene, while the drivers sustained minor injuries.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47, near Norwich.
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
The road was closed until just after 7pm on Thursday. Norfolk Police posted on Twitter that officers had assisted in a 'complex recovery operation' and a crane was needed to remove the vehicles.
More information can be found on the Highways England website.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Lots of smiles and festive cheer seen at town's Christmas light switch on
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 5 Cast your votes in the Times Awards 2021
- 6 Village pub could reopen as soon as the spring
- 7 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 8 Delays after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 10 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity