Man dies in lorry crash on A47 in Scarning
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man was killed in a collision involving two lorries on the A47 at Scarning.
The accident took place on a straight section of road between the A1075 and A1065 at around 8.30am on Thursday.
A male passenger in one of the lorries died at the scene, while the drivers sustained minor injuries.
One of the vehicles involved was operated by delivery company, DHL. A spokesperson said: 'DHL can confirm that one of its vehicles was involved in a serious road traffic collision this morning on the A47, near Norwich.
'We are cooperating fully with police in their investigation. While this is underway we are unable to comment further, except to confirm that the safety of the public remains of paramount importance to the company'.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until just after 7pm on Thursday. Norfolk Police posted on Twitter that officers had assisted in a 'complex recovery operation' and a crane was needed to remove the vehicles.
More information can be found on the Highways England website.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham