Man found dead in Dereham flat is formally identified as Stuart Yates
- Credit: Archant
A man who was found dead at a flat in Boundary Close in Dereham has been formally identified by police as 48-year-old Stuart Yates.
Police were called to the property at 2.45pm on Friday after concerns were raised for the safety of a man at the flat.
Police discovered his body inside but the cause of his death is still being treated as unexplained as a post mortem examination has so far proved inconclusive.
A seal at the address is likely to remain in place over the coming days whilst the investigation continues by detectives from the Joint Major Investigation Team.
Detectives are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen or spoke to Stuart Yates at the end of last week or believe they could have information to assist.
You may also want to watch:
Boundary Close is on the Pavilion Way estate, next to Dereham Cricket Club, off Norwich Road.
Anyone with information should contact the Joint Major Investigation Team on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown