Man found dead in Dereham flat is formally identified as Stuart Yates
- Credit: Archant
A man who was found dead at a flat in Boundary Close in Dereham has been formally identified by police as 48-year-old Stuart Yates.
Police were called to the property at 2.45pm on Friday after concerns were raised for the safety of a man at the flat.
Police discovered his body inside but the cause of his death is still being treated as unexplained as a post mortem examination has so far proved inconclusive.
A seal at the address is likely to remain in place over the coming days whilst the investigation continues by detectives from the Joint Major Investigation Team.
Detectives are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen or spoke to Stuart Yates at the end of last week or believe they could have information to assist.
You may also want to watch:
Boundary Close is on the Pavilion Way estate, next to Dereham Cricket Club, off Norwich Road.
Anyone with information should contact the Joint Major Investigation Team on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 4 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback