Worried dog walker rang police after falling for 'creative' mannequin prank
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A dog walker called police after spotting what appeared to be half a body stuck in a Norfolk hedge – but it turned out someone was pulling their leg.
King's Lynn Police said they were called by a dog walker in Wretton, near Downham Market, after they saw the "suspicious item".
But once officers arrived as the scene, they soon discovered that what looked like the bottom half of a man kneeling in a hedge was, in fact, part of a mannequin.
It had been dressed up in a pair of blue jeans and black trainers, and was realistic enough to concern the dog walker.
In a tongue-in-cheek Twitter post, King's Lynn Police said: "No two days are ever the same in our job.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're missing a set of mannequin legs after being creative, they are with us at Downham Market Police Station!"
- 1 Customers 'overjoyed' by new rural shop
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 BGT star leaves children in 'fits of laughter' with school performance
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 'We've got a serious fire in our belly' - Dereham band's post-Covid tour
- 7 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 8 'It's lovely seeing people back'- Smiles as zoo reopens for families
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens