CEO at Norfolk multi-academy trust retiring at end of August
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive officer (CEO) at a multi-academy trust is retiring at the end of August.
Reepham High School and College created the Synergy Multi-Academy Trust in 2015 and it is made up of both secondary and primary schools in north Norfolk, all within 30 minutes of Reepham.
CEO Mark Farrar said: 'I have had many fantastic years working for Reepham and for the trust.
'After six years as headteacher of the school I was asked to lead the trust for two years.
'I accepted this position on the understanding it would be part-time and for two years only, and that I would retire this summer.
You may also want to watch:
'I cannot speak too highly of the wonderful staff and pupils I have worked with in Reepham and in the trust. I have been so lucky to work with such fine colleagues and with such fine young people.'
Following a highly competitive selection process, the trust has appointed Robert Martlew, currently the headteacher of Litcham School, as part-time CEO. He will combine this new role with his current post at Litcham.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
Mr Martlew said: 'I am delighted to have been appointed to lead the trust through the next stage of its development.
'Having been part of the trust, I know how well it works for the benefit of each school and for all pupils.
'It is a highly supportive organisation, where individual schools work together to provide the best possible provision.
'Each school brings a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience to the trust and we all feel valued.
'This philosophy will continue going forward and I am looking forward to building on the strong foundations that have already been put in place. It has been a real privilege to work with Mark, who has been an exceptional CEO.
'I would like to take this opportunity to both thank him for all that he has done for the trust and to wish him all the best for the future.'
The trust's member schools are Reepham High, Reepham College, Reepham Primary, Bawdeswell Primary, Foulsham Primary, Mattishall Primary, Astley Primary, Corpusty Primary and Litcham School.