Village to enjoy weekend craft fair and dance-a-thon
- Credit: Archant © 2007
Live music and handmade crafts await visitors to Mattishall Sports and Social Club, which is running a charity fundraising event on July 24-25.
The event is being held in aid of the Jenny Lind Children’s Hospital at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, as well as Nelson's Journey, who support children and young people in Norfolk who have experienced the death of a significant person in their lives.
Organiser Penny Wright said both charities had links with the village and were in need of support.
The weekend is full of live music which starts at midday on Saturday with acts including Karen Bell, Johnny Flinton, Two Tons of Rock n Roll and V8 rockets.
On Saturday until 6pm talented crafters will be outside the club selling their range of arts, crafts, food, homeware and lifestyle products..
You may also want to watch:
The weekend will be capped off on Sunday with the band Phyzical Party playing at 3pm.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected