Hop on! School opens new library bus for pupils
- Credit: Archant
After 18 months of hard work and anticipation, one Norfolk primary school is celebrating the opening of its exciting new learning space.
Mattishall Primary School opened its library bus on Friday, April 26, after books could no longer be stored in the old library unit due to the roof falling into disrepair.
The bus has been decorated with an underwater theme downstairs and a Norfolk theme upstairs.
It has also been fitted with air conditioning and a digital screen.
Tony Chapman, the school's headmaster, said: 'It's a really calm space for children to go and it's a really positive thing. We might even have a few staff meetings on it.
You may also want to watch:
'Our own staff decorated the bus. They have been working on it for 18 months and the pupils have been really excited to get on it.'
The bus has been donated to the school by Konect. A spokesperson said: 'It is a real privilege to be able to see the life of our buses extended in such a positive and worthwhile manner.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end