Youngsters take part in winter dance show in front of 600 people
- Credit: Archant
Parents were left in tears of joy as children from Mattishall Primary School danced on stage to more than 600 people.
The school's year two and five classes took part in West Norwich and Dereham School Sports Partnership's winter dance show at The Open in Norwich, with the theme 'A Night at the Movies'.
Year two performed a dance recreating the scene from Trip a Little Light Fantastic from Mary Poppins Returns, while year five opted for a Star Wars and David Bowie mash-up.
Year two class teacher Jane Taylor said: 'It was really important for us to allow the whole class to be part of the opportunity to dance on a huge stage, with lights and a huge audience.
'These experiences are so important in our curriculum. All the children astounded us with their commitment and enthusiasm to help choreograph and learn a really complex routine. We had lots of parents in tears.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town