Youngsters take part in winter dance show in front of 600 people
- Credit: Archant
Parents were left in tears of joy as children from Mattishall Primary School danced on stage to more than 600 people.
The school's year two and five classes took part in West Norwich and Dereham School Sports Partnership's winter dance show at The Open in Norwich, with the theme 'A Night at the Movies'.
Year two performed a dance recreating the scene from Trip a Little Light Fantastic from Mary Poppins Returns, while year five opted for a Star Wars and David Bowie mash-up.
Year two class teacher Jane Taylor said: 'It was really important for us to allow the whole class to be part of the opportunity to dance on a huge stage, with lights and a huge audience.
'These experiences are so important in our curriculum. All the children astounded us with their commitment and enthusiasm to help choreograph and learn a really complex routine. We had lots of parents in tears.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards