Fun and pancakes at the heart of Dereham church event
- Credit: Archant
Fun with pancakes and friends was at the heart of a church event to celebrate Lent.
Held at St Nicholas, off Church Street, Dereham, the latest Messy Church session saw around 30 children and adults having a flippin' good time.
A spokesperson for the event said: '[It] was a place of great fun, on a bright and sunny Thursday morning during the half-term holiday.
'[They] took part in pancake races, made mini pans with pancakes to toss, good deed mice and love crowns.
'Children were encouraged to make Lent an opportunity to give up a little time to help and show love for Lent, instead of giving up chocolate.
You may also want to watch:
'With so many games to play, crafts to make and story and singing time, the morning quickly came to an end with hotdogs and cake, kindly donated once more by H. H. Aldiss funeral directors.'
The next Messy Church at St Nicholas will be on Good Friday, March 30, from 10am to 11.30am.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 6 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 7 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 8 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages