Mid-Norfolk museum receives Arts Council England accreditation
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk museum of local history has again received full arts council accreditation.
The Fakenham Museum of Gas and Local History has been accredited by Arts Council England.
Trustees were delighted to announce the news, and thanked volunteers for their hard work and commitment.
The museum had to demonstrate systems and procedures that met national standards, as well as effective governance, management and dedication from volunteers.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer is welcome to get involved. The museum is especially keen to recruit extra stewards so that it can extend its opening hours. Potential applicants should visit the museum on a Thursday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The trust is pleased to announce that volunteer and local historian Jim Baldwin has been appointed to the board of trustees of the museum, to look after the interests of Fakenham Local History Society.
- 1 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Dazzling display raises hundreds for hospital charity
- 4 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 7 Warning of delays ahead of abnormal load escort
- 8 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch