Mid-Norfolk museum receives Arts Council England accreditation
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk museum of local history has again received full arts council accreditation.
The Fakenham Museum of Gas and Local History has been accredited by Arts Council England.
Trustees were delighted to announce the news, and thanked volunteers for their hard work and commitment.
The museum had to demonstrate systems and procedures that met national standards, as well as effective governance, management and dedication from volunteers.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer is welcome to get involved. The museum is especially keen to recruit extra stewards so that it can extend its opening hours. Potential applicants should visit the museum on a Thursday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The trust is pleased to announce that volunteer and local historian Jim Baldwin has been appointed to the board of trustees of the museum, to look after the interests of Fakenham Local History Society.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development