Mid-Norfolk museum receives Arts Council England accreditation
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk museum of local history has again received full arts council accreditation.
The Fakenham Museum of Gas and Local History has been accredited by Arts Council England.
Trustees were delighted to announce the news, and thanked volunteers for their hard work and commitment.
The museum had to demonstrate systems and procedures that met national standards, as well as effective governance, management and dedication from volunteers.
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer is welcome to get involved. The museum is especially keen to recruit extra stewards so that it can extend its opening hours. Potential applicants should visit the museum on a Thursday morning.
The trust is pleased to announce that volunteer and local historian Jim Baldwin has been appointed to the board of trustees of the museum, to look after the interests of Fakenham Local History Society.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 3 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 6 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 7 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated