Peppa Pig and other characters delight at Mid-Norfolk Railway’s Easter Egg-spress
- Credit: Archant
Easter got off to a roaring start for about 1,500 people who took a ride on a special Easster 'Egg-spress' train on the Mid-Norfolk Railway.
Young passengers delighted in meeting Peppa Pig and the Easter Bunny, and taking part in an Easter egg hunt at each station between Dereham and Wymondham during Saturday's event.
After each of the three services, guests made their way to Dereham Memorial Hall where they also had the chance to meet Chase, a character from the animated TV show Paw Patrol, and take part in arts and crafts activities.
Nicola Jones, event manager from organisers Railroad Events, said the line's first-ever children's Easter service was a stunning success.
She said: 'It's something fun for people to do as a family and it's been huge.'
Charlie Robinson, railway chairman, said: 'We're delighted. It seems to have gone extremely well. I would hope we could do it again in the future.'
Other special events planned this year for the Mid-Norfolk Railway include a couple of adults only 'gin trains' and the return of a popular Polar Express service in November and December.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Lots of smiles and festive cheer seen at town's Christmas light switch on
- 3 Cast your votes in the Times Awards 2021
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 Delays after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Village pub could reopen as soon as the spring
- 7 'An incredible shock': Norfolk pub named best in Britain
- 8 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 9 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 10 Christmas in full swing as Polar Express delights thousands in sell-out run