Peppa Pig and other characters delight at Mid-Norfolk Railway’s Easter Egg-spress
- Credit: Archant
Easter got off to a roaring start for about 1,500 people who took a ride on a special Easster 'Egg-spress' train on the Mid-Norfolk Railway.
Young passengers delighted in meeting Peppa Pig and the Easter Bunny, and taking part in an Easter egg hunt at each station between Dereham and Wymondham during Saturday's event.
After each of the three services, guests made their way to Dereham Memorial Hall where they also had the chance to meet Chase, a character from the animated TV show Paw Patrol, and take part in arts and crafts activities.
Nicola Jones, event manager from organisers Railroad Events, said the line's first-ever children's Easter service was a stunning success.
She said: 'It's something fun for people to do as a family and it's been huge.'
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Robinson, railway chairman, said: 'We're delighted. It seems to have gone extremely well. I would hope we could do it again in the future.'
Other special events planned this year for the Mid-Norfolk Railway include a couple of adults only 'gin trains' and the return of a popular Polar Express service in November and December.
- 1 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 4 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid