Where does mid-Norfolk rank among the UK’s burglary hotspots?
- Credit: PA
Figures released by a leading price comparison website have revealed that towns across mid-Norfolk have some of the lowest rates of burglary claims in the country.
The website MoneySuperMarket analysed more than two million home insurance quotes run on its website over the last two years to identify the postcodes with the highest and lowest rates of claims for home contents theft within a five year period.
The results show that mid-Norfolk towns and villages including Dereham, Bawdeswell, North Elmham and Mattishall, rank among the 20 lowest contents theft claims in the country.
Dereham mayor, Hilary Bushell, said: 'It doesn't surprise me historically this has been the case. We are a fairly low crime area here which helps and perhaps we are a bit more careful.
'We are very fortunate. Historically Dereham has always been what insurance companies call, a safe zone.'
Do you think mid-Norfolk is has a low burglary rate? Tell us your views by emailing email@example.com.
Full list of mid-Norfolk towns with the lowest burglary rates:
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 6 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 7 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 8 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
• North Elmham
• Swanton Morley