Where does mid-Norfolk rank among the UK’s burglary hotspots?
- Credit: PA
Figures released by a leading price comparison website have revealed that towns across mid-Norfolk have some of the lowest rates of burglary claims in the country.
The website MoneySuperMarket analysed more than two million home insurance quotes run on its website over the last two years to identify the postcodes with the highest and lowest rates of claims for home contents theft within a five year period.
The results show that mid-Norfolk towns and villages including Dereham, Bawdeswell, North Elmham and Mattishall, rank among the 20 lowest contents theft claims in the country.
Dereham mayor, Hilary Bushell, said: 'It doesn't surprise me historically this has been the case. We are a fairly low crime area here which helps and perhaps we are a bit more careful.
'We are very fortunate. Historically Dereham has always been what insurance companies call, a safe zone.'
Do you think mid-Norfolk is has a low burglary rate? Tell us your views by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Full list of mid-Norfolk towns with the lowest burglary rates:
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 5 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- 8 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
• North Elmham
• Swanton Morley