Where does mid-Norfolk rank among the UK’s burglary hotspots?
- Credit: PA
Figures released by a leading price comparison website have revealed that towns across mid-Norfolk have some of the lowest rates of burglary claims in the country.
The website MoneySuperMarket analysed more than two million home insurance quotes run on its website over the last two years to identify the postcodes with the highest and lowest rates of claims for home contents theft within a five year period.
The results show that mid-Norfolk towns and villages including Dereham, Bawdeswell, North Elmham and Mattishall, rank among the 20 lowest contents theft claims in the country.
Dereham mayor, Hilary Bushell, said: 'It doesn't surprise me historically this has been the case. We are a fairly low crime area here which helps and perhaps we are a bit more careful.
'We are very fortunate. Historically Dereham has always been what insurance companies call, a safe zone.'
Do you think mid-Norfolk is has a low burglary rate? Tell us your views by emailing email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Full list of mid-Norfolk towns with the lowest burglary rates:
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
• North Elmham
• Swanton Morley