Road run of military vehicles will showcase unique history on wheels throughout mid-Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Military enthusiasts will be heading to Dereham to catch a glimpse of a 'road run' tour of mid-Norfolk.
The Norfolk Military Vehicle Road Run will start the day by showcasing their vehicles at Morrison's car park in the market town at 10am.
Vehicles, which range from jeeps, American staff cars, British staff cars, lorries, weapons carriers, land rovers and 1940 motor cycles, will be on display for an hour and visitors will be able to chat to the owners.
Dereham mayor Hilary Bushall will start the run at 11am where they will then parade through the town and Market Place before heading through Gressenhall, Litcham and Fakenham.
Organiser Michael Curtis said: 'Come and see us at Morrisons or just stand in the villages and give us a wave as we pass by and see history on wheels pass before your eyes.'
You may also want to watch:
The road run takes place on Sunday July 15.
- 1 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 4 Sun shines on school's Midsummer Night's Dream
- 5 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 6 Women's group resumes face-to-face catch-ups as restrictions ease
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters