Model role for Kerri
Kathryn Cross You might only recognise her as the girl in the yellow dress in her latest appearance on the big screen but Kerri Parker is still hoping it might catapult her into an acting career.
You might only recognise her as the girl in the yellow dress in her latest appearance on the big screen but Kerri Parker is still hoping it might catapult her into an acting career.
Glamour girl Kerri, 24, who grew up in Mattishall but now lives in Norwich, spent two weeks with funnyman Simon Pegg filming her scenes in the comedy How to Lose Friends and Alienate People which opened in cinemas on Friday.
And although the successful model only appears fleetingly on screen she said she loved the experience and hopes it will lead to bigger and better parts.
“I play a celebrity model which was quite easy for me considering that is what it do anyway,” she said. “I have seen a couple of trailers and I am in those for a few seconds and my friends and family are all ringing me saying they have seen me.
“Apparently after my filming had finished the director was trying to find me for some more scenes but I couldn't do it because I was unwell. It was great fun though spending two weeks with Simon Pegg. He was always singing and shouting and dancing and making everybody laugh.”
- 1 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 4 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Kerri has had no acting training and said as a schoolgirl she was painfully shy and always avoided the stage in drama lessons but her modelling experience was now paying off and she has gained much more confidence in front of the camera.
She has already appeared in two other films, The Bourne Ultimatum and the Batman movie The Dark Knight. She is also hoping a film called Inconceivable starring Andie MacDowell will be released soon in the UK in which she has a speaking part.
“It is about a fertility clinic in the States with lots of dodgy goings-on,” she said. “I have been told that once it comes out I could be in line to get some really good acting agents out of it.”
But if all else fails she has other projects to fall back on including her new Norwich modelling academy which holds monthly modelling competitions to help discover new talent and get girls started out in a career.
On December 6 she is hosting her Model of the Year competition in which the 12 monthly winners, and eight other competition winners will go into a live competition final at Mercy nightclub.
On top of that she plans to go back to her studies and has applied to study medicine at the University of East Anglia next year.
To find out more about Kerri and her model academy visit the website www.model-academy.co.uk.