Monster snowflakes hit Dereham
Kathryn CrossIt might not have been the deepest snowfall Dereham has ever seen but many people were asking whether they were the biggest snowflakes.Kathryn Cross
It might not have been the deepest snowfall Dereham has ever seen but many people are asking whether they were the biggest snowflakes.
These pictures taken by Gordon Olley, well known Dereham photographer and owner of Breckland Photographic, show how the town was suddenly deluged by the white stuff during a snowstorm this morning, taking many motorists and pedestrians by surprise.
'They weren't quite the size of your fist but people were asking me whether they were the biggest ever seen in Dereham,' he said.
Although the conditions were not as dramatic as those experienced in the south and west of the country it showed how weather conditions can change in an instant and catch everyone out.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards