Success just keeps on coming for award-winning Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations are continuing at the newly crowned Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year after it retained its 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence in a recent reinspection.
The King's Head in Bawburgh has also maintained gold standard 4 stars for its luxury accommodation.
The 17th century freehouse pub, which has been owned for 35 years by Anton Wimmer and his family, was awarded the Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year crown for 2019 by The Good Pub Guide.
Mr Wimmer said consistent hard work by the whole team at the pub was responsible for its success.
He said: 'Our housekeeping team tirelessly keeps our rooms and the pub looking fresh and spotless.
You may also want to watch:
'The front of house team ensures that every guest is treated with the upmost importance and our dedicated kitchen team channel their passion for food into every dish served – the team at the King's Head deserves the recognition they've received.'
Feedback received from the recent inspection said: 'The guest bedrooms still continue to impress; quirky layouts, which work well to the confines of the building, provide very good levels of comfort throughout.'
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 6 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
The AA Hotel Services first introduced the star rating scheme in 1912, recognising and rewarding establishments for the quality and range of their services and facilities. First introduced in 1956, the AA's Rosette Award scheme was the first UK-wide scheme for assessing the quality of food served by restaurants and hotels.
One of the original pioneers of gastropub dining in Norfolk, the King's Head centres its menu and philosophy firmly on local markets, produce and seasonal specialities.
The pub, which boasts joint head chefs in Jake Armes and Max Emmerson, will be offering a 'chosen by you' event in November, where customers can vote for their favourite dishes served in 2018 to be entered into a week-long menu.
It takes place between November 3 and 10, and votes can be cast on Facebook and within the pub.
For each diner throughout the week, The King's Head will donate £1 to its chosen charity, Keeping Abreast.
Has your pub won a recent award? Email email@example.com