Success just keeps on coming for award-winning Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations are continuing at the newly crowned Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year after it retained its 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence in a recent reinspection.
The King's Head in Bawburgh has also maintained gold standard 4 stars for its luxury accommodation.
The 17th century freehouse pub, which has been owned for 35 years by Anton Wimmer and his family, was awarded the Norfolk Dining Pub of the Year crown for 2019 by The Good Pub Guide.
Mr Wimmer said consistent hard work by the whole team at the pub was responsible for its success.
He said: 'Our housekeeping team tirelessly keeps our rooms and the pub looking fresh and spotless.
'The front of house team ensures that every guest is treated with the upmost importance and our dedicated kitchen team channel their passion for food into every dish served – the team at the King's Head deserves the recognition they've received.'
Feedback received from the recent inspection said: 'The guest bedrooms still continue to impress; quirky layouts, which work well to the confines of the building, provide very good levels of comfort throughout.'
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 5 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 6 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 7 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 8 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 9 £251m price tag for Norwich Western Link as bill soars by over £50m
- 10 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
The AA Hotel Services first introduced the star rating scheme in 1912, recognising and rewarding establishments for the quality and range of their services and facilities. First introduced in 1956, the AA's Rosette Award scheme was the first UK-wide scheme for assessing the quality of food served by restaurants and hotels.
One of the original pioneers of gastropub dining in Norfolk, the King's Head centres its menu and philosophy firmly on local markets, produce and seasonal specialities.
The pub, which boasts joint head chefs in Jake Armes and Max Emmerson, will be offering a 'chosen by you' event in November, where customers can vote for their favourite dishes served in 2018 to be entered into a week-long menu.
It takes place between November 3 and 10, and votes can be cast on Facebook and within the pub.
For each diner throughout the week, The King's Head will donate £1 to its chosen charity, Keeping Abreast.
Has your pub won a recent award? Email firstname.lastname@example.org