Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
A man was flown to hospital by air ambulance last night following a road traffic accident in Dereham.
The crash took place on Yaxham Road at around 5.45pm and involved two cars and a motorbike.
The motorcyclist, who is believed to be in his 30s, suffered leg and wrist injuries which a police spokesperson described as 'serious'.
He was treated at the scene before being taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by air ambulance.
The other motorists involved in the accident were not injured.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Norfolk police said the road had to be closed in both directions and did not reopen until 8.30pm.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown