Motorcyclist trapped under lorry in Norfolk crash
Victoria LeggettA motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a crash which left him trapped under a lorry this afternoon.The man, thought to be in his 50s, had to be freed from beneath the truck after the accident at Etling Green, near Dereham, at about 12.50pm.Victoria Leggett
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a crash which left him trapped under a lorry this afternoon.
The man, thought to be in his 50s, had to be freed from beneath the truck after the accident at Etling Green, near Dereham, at about 12.50pm.
Police, fire crews and the ambulance service attended and the B1110 was closed for some time between the junction with the old A47 and the junction with the B1145 Swanton Morley road.
When the emergency services arrived they discovered the motorcyclist trapped under the lorry.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said he had been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by helicopter in a 'very serious, life threatening' condition. It is thought he suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of the crash.
At 4.35pm on Thursday the road remained closed.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end