Motorcyclist trapped under lorry in Norfolk crash
Victoria LeggettA motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a crash which left him trapped under a lorry this afternoon.The man, thought to be in his 50s, had to be freed from beneath the truck after the accident at Etling Green, near Dereham, at about 12.50pm.Victoria Leggett
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a crash which left him trapped under a lorry this afternoon.
The man, thought to be in his 50s, had to be freed from beneath the truck after the accident at Etling Green, near Dereham, at about 12.50pm.
Police, fire crews and the ambulance service attended and the B1110 was closed for some time between the junction with the old A47 and the junction with the B1145 Swanton Morley road.
When the emergency services arrived they discovered the motorcyclist trapped under the lorry.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said he had been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by helicopter in a 'very serious, life threatening' condition. It is thought he suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of the crash.
At 4.35pm on Thursday the road remained closed.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland