Motorcyclist trapped under lorry in Norfolk crash
Victoria LeggettA motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a crash which left him trapped under a lorry this afternoon.The man, thought to be in his 50s, had to be freed from beneath the truck after the accident at Etling Green, near Dereham, at about 12.50pm.Victoria Leggett
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a crash which left him trapped under a lorry this afternoon.
The man, thought to be in his 50s, had to be freed from beneath the truck after the accident at Etling Green, near Dereham, at about 12.50pm.
Police, fire crews and the ambulance service attended and the B1110 was closed for some time between the junction with the old A47 and the junction with the B1145 Swanton Morley road.
When the emergency services arrived they discovered the motorcyclist trapped under the lorry.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said he had been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by helicopter in a 'very serious, life threatening' condition. It is thought he suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of the crash.
At 4.35pm on Thursday the road remained closed.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 4 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 6 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 7 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
- 10 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'