Musician and poet to perform acoustic guitar show at Dereham library
- Credit: Archant © 2005
Norfolk poet and musician Kevan Taplin will return to Dereham Library for another performance in February.
After the success of the 'Poetry with Music' sessions at the venue in September, Mr Taplin will return to the town to perform on February 15.
He began writing verse when poets Adrian Henri and Roger McGough allowed him to put their poetry to music.
And 2017 was a successful year for the poet-musician, who performed in Canada, and on the acoustic stages at two Norfolk music festivals with the band Front Porch.
Mr Taplin said he felt we should all support libraries, and that for him they had been fundamental in his development as a writer.
You may also want to watch:
He added 'with funding to the services under review, he had to try to do something.'
Stuart Hall, library session co-ordinator, said the performance would start at 11am, last for 40 minutes and contain elements of poetry and acoustic guitar.
More information is available at Kevan's website.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney