Musician and poet to perform acoustic guitar show at Dereham library
- Credit: Archant © 2005
Norfolk poet and musician Kevan Taplin will return to Dereham Library for another performance in February.
After the success of the 'Poetry with Music' sessions at the venue in September, Mr Taplin will return to the town to perform on February 15.
He began writing verse when poets Adrian Henri and Roger McGough allowed him to put their poetry to music.
And 2017 was a successful year for the poet-musician, who performed in Canada, and on the acoustic stages at two Norfolk music festivals with the band Front Porch.
Mr Taplin said he felt we should all support libraries, and that for him they had been fundamental in his development as a writer.
You may also want to watch:
He added 'with funding to the services under review, he had to try to do something.'
Stuart Hall, library session co-ordinator, said the performance would start at 11am, last for 40 minutes and contain elements of poetry and acoustic guitar.
More information is available at Kevan's website.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk