Musicians hope for European trip
At the moment they play to friends and family in Norfolk but a group of budding musicians are hoping to expand their fan base to Europe.For five dedicated Dereham bands who all take lessons, rehearse and compose at Janel's Drum Tuition on Rash's Green industrial estate, now want to take their music further afield.
At the moment they play to friends and family in Norfolk but a group of budding musicians are hoping to expand their fan base to Europe.
For five dedicated Dereham bands who all take lessons, rehearse and compose at Janel's Drum Tuition on Rash's Green industrial estate, now want to take their music further afield.
Dysfunction, The Crush, Fracture, Union Jacks and Spazmodic Moose, are made up of members from 10 to 16-years-old. And now the groups, who cite their music as ranging from punk rock to heavy rock, are hoping to influence another country while learning about another culture.
The music school is planning a trip to Barcelona where the bands will be able to play street gigs, in venues and experience live Spanish music.
You may also want to watch:
But first the £350 per person for 40 people to go must be raised.
Jordan Baxter, 15, said: “We want to hear their music. We'd like to think we could pick up different sounds to possibly improve what we do at the moment.”
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
The trip will take place later this year and last a week. On April 19 there will be a gig showcasing the bands talents. Tickets are £3.50 with
all proceeds going towards the trip.
Fracture is looking for a singer and The Crush need a guitarist. For more information, or to find out how to help the trip by hosting a performance or sponsoring the bands, contact JDT on 01362 694817.
Union Jacks is playing Norwich Waterfront on March 27 from 7.30pm tickets are available on UEA website.
JDT is looking for a guitar
tutor. Anyone interested can call 01362 694817 or 07717 171003.