Musicians hope for European trip
At the moment they play to friends and family in Norfolk but a group of budding musicians are hoping to expand their fan base to Europe.For five dedicated Dereham bands who all take lessons, rehearse and compose at Janel's Drum Tuition on Rash's Green industrial estate, now want to take their music further afield.
At the moment they play to friends and family in Norfolk but a group of budding musicians are hoping to expand their fan base to Europe.
For five dedicated Dereham bands who all take lessons, rehearse and compose at Janel's Drum Tuition on Rash's Green industrial estate, now want to take their music further afield.
Dysfunction, The Crush, Fracture, Union Jacks and Spazmodic Moose, are made up of members from 10 to 16-years-old. And now the groups, who cite their music as ranging from punk rock to heavy rock, are hoping to influence another country while learning about another culture.
The music school is planning a trip to Barcelona where the bands will be able to play street gigs, in venues and experience live Spanish music.
But first the £350 per person for 40 people to go must be raised.
Jordan Baxter, 15, said: “We want to hear their music. We'd like to think we could pick up different sounds to possibly improve what we do at the moment.”
- 1 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 6 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 7 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
The trip will take place later this year and last a week. On April 19 there will be a gig showcasing the bands talents. Tickets are £3.50 with
all proceeds going towards the trip.
Fracture is looking for a singer and The Crush need a guitarist. For more information, or to find out how to help the trip by hosting a performance or sponsoring the bands, contact JDT on 01362 694817.
Union Jacks is playing Norwich Waterfront on March 27 from 7.30pm tickets are available on UEA website.
JDT is looking for a guitar
tutor. Anyone interested can call 01362 694817 or 07717 171003.