What was the mysterious ‘explosion’ in Dereham?
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham residents have been left puzzled by a loud noise which has been described as being similar to an explosion.
The sound was heard at around 9.30pm on Monday and people have claimed it was powerful enough to shake their homes.
'We heard a really load bang which sounded like an explosion and the whole flat shook,' said Shannon Kingston-miles, who lives on Boundary Close.
'The lamp shade was swinging from it, it was the kind of bang that you felt in your tummy. It made us jump and our cats hid as they were terrified. We live in flats and we are up high and it just made the whole place sway and shake.'
Mark Hodgson, who lives on Gordon Road, said: 'It sounded like some sort of explosion above houses towards crown road or further away.'
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said they received a call at around 9.30pm about a 'loud bang but no fire, no smoke and no other loud noises.'
They said that officers believed the cause was likely to be linked to an object that was thrown on a controlled fire.
Did you hear the loud bang? Email email@example.com
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 500pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk
- 10 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs