Who is leaving flowers for people in this mid Norfolk village?
- Credit: Stephanie-Jane Saunders
A mystery is sweeping a mid Norfolk village after vases of flowers began appearing along its main road.
The flowers were seen at various locations along Dereham Road, in Mattishall, earlier this week.
Attached to each vase was a note reading "a little gift to make you smile. Please take me home."
Among those to find a beautiful bloom was Stephanie-Jane Saunders, who saw them as she picked up her children, Makayla and Mason, from school.
"I was walking the dog when I saw these flowers dotted all along the road," said Miss Saunders, from Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
"Community spirit is really good in Mattishall and it was lovely for the children to see the flowers when they walked out of school."
Mattishall is familiar with seeing kind gestures made by strangers.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
In December 2019, wrapped Christmas presents were left along Dereham Road for children to take home.
Miss Saunders said she still did not know who was leaving the flowers, but added that it "definitely made me smile".