Mystery of random food deposits
Mystery surrounds an increasing amount of food that is being left in random places around a sheltered housing complex in Dereham.Microwave meals, bags of potatoes, trays of eggs and joints of meat are just some of the items to have been left at the Peddars Way Housing Association scheme in the Baxter Row area of the town.
Mystery surrounds an increasing amount of food that is being left in random places around a sheltered housing complex in Dereham.
Microwave meals, bags of potatoes, trays of eggs and joints of meat are just some of the items to have been left at the Peddars Way Housing Association scheme in the Baxter Row area of the town.
Donna Ireland, community manger of the scheme, said the bizarre situation has been going on for months but, whereas before people would find the food every other week, now it appears every few days.
She said she did not know why it was happening, especially because sometimes the items are left outside people's homes or the communal hall and other times they are left they are left strewn on the grass.
A few weeks ago Mrs Ireland said she found a new roll of carpet protector in a stairwell and that next to it was a carrier bag with a bunch of flowers and childrens' socks complete with a receipt.
On Monday a pile of about 12 sausages were left outside the complex's communal hall.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 6 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
Mrs Ireland said none of the food could be used because they did not know where it was from, and added that some of the residents were a bit unnerved by the mysterious events.
Police are appealing for anybody who knows where the items are coming from to contact Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 4564567.