New guide set to ‘increase footfall’ released in town
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new guide promoting a town’s many attractions will be made available to the public this month.
Produced by the aboutDereham Partnership with joint funding provided from Dereham Town and Breckland councils, the guide will be distributed across tourist information centres, libraries, hotels, B&Bs, leisure and retail facilities throughout March.
Mike Webb from the aboutDereham Partnership said: “I’m pleased and proud about the guide. It encourages visitors to visit and reminds residents of the great things we have in the town.
“This guide, along with the announcement of land in Wright’s Walk being transformed into a community pocket park will further promote a positive image and raise the profile of Dereham.”
The new guide also includes a useful town map showing the locations of all the attractions listed.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Dereham, Linda Monument, said: “The Town Council is pleased to support this new guide as a way of encouraging more people to use and enjoy Dereham’s facilities. Increased footfall benefits our businesses and is good for Dereham.”
For more information about attractions, visit: www.aboutdereham.org
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town