New jobs on the cards at Lidl
Rob GarrattA supermarket chain has revealed plans to extend its Dereham store and bring new jobs to the town.Lidl has lodged a planning application that would see its Kingston Road store extended in size by around a third, creating extra jobs.Rob Garratt
A supermarket chain has revealed plans to extend its Dereham store and bring new jobs to the town.
Lidl has lodged a planning application that would see its Kingston Road store extended in size by around a third, creating extra jobs.
The current store has an internal floor area of 982sq m, and the proposed extension would see it extended by 340sq m to 1,322sq m. The car park would be cut from 81 spaces to 60.
The planning application reads: 'The extension will enhance the shopping experiences of our customers. There will also be additional employment opportunities created by the extension proposal.'
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Town Council was set to discuss the application on Tuesday night. The plans were lodged with Breckland Council last week and will go before the authority's development control committee at a date to be set. A spokesman for the council said on Tuesday evening that no objections had been lodged against the plans.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens