Look inside! Town’s newest shop is a ‘welcome addition’ to high street
- Credit: Archant
A local author has described the latest shop to open on Dereham's high street as a 'welcome addition'.
Hayley Scott, author of rabbit heroes the Twitches, cut the ribbon to officially open the RSPCA charity shop on Saturday, September 21.
She said: "At a time we all need to think about how much our throw-away society affects the planet, the new RSPCA shop is a welcome addition to Dereham town centre.
"It was lovely to have the opportunity to be part of the opening celebrations in Dereham, a town both my parents grew up in and is close to my heart, for a charity that does such important work."
The shop, which will be looked after by the RSPCA Mid Norfolk and North Suffolk branch, is based on the High Street.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the opening, Tammy Clarke, retail development manager for the branch, said they were excited about the opening and were "delighted" Ms Scott was able to do the opening.
She said: "Hayley is known for writing Meet the Twitches, a story about four little rabbit heroes with big ideas - so a perfect fit for us."
Anyone who might want to volunteer at the shop can apply via the website .
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place