Look inside! Town’s newest shop is a ‘welcome addition’ to high street
- Credit: Archant
A local author has described the latest shop to open on Dereham's high street as a 'welcome addition'.
Hayley Scott, author of rabbit heroes the Twitches, cut the ribbon to officially open the RSPCA charity shop on Saturday, September 21.
She said: "At a time we all need to think about how much our throw-away society affects the planet, the new RSPCA shop is a welcome addition to Dereham town centre.
"It was lovely to have the opportunity to be part of the opening celebrations in Dereham, a town both my parents grew up in and is close to my heart, for a charity that does such important work."
The shop, which will be looked after by the RSPCA Mid Norfolk and North Suffolk branch, is based on the High Street.
Ahead of the opening, Tammy Clarke, retail development manager for the branch, said they were excited about the opening and were "delighted" Ms Scott was able to do the opening.
She said: "Hayley is known for writing Meet the Twitches, a story about four little rabbit heroes with big ideas - so a perfect fit for us."
Anyone who might want to volunteer at the shop can apply via the website .
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee