New taxi firm plugs gap in Fakenham
An established garage business near Fakenham has this week launched of a new taxi service, filling a gap left by the collapse of a previous firm.Parkside Garage, run by father and son John and Andrew Collins, is now operating 10 vehicles, including one minibus, from its site on the A148 main road at Thursford.
An established garage business near Fakenham has this week launched of a new taxi service, filling a gap left by the collapse of a previous firm.
Parkside Garage, run by father and son John and Andrew Collins, is now operating 10 vehicles, including one minibus, from its site on the A148 main road at Thursford.
The new service, Parkside Cars, has created new jobs and fills a gap in the market left by the closure of Courtesy Cabs, which was based in Bridge Street at Fakenham.
Parkside has acquired some of the former Courtesy fleet, plus some of its drivers, but Andrew Collins stressed that it has no direct association with the previous company.
The new service is to be run by operations manager Andrew Heagren, and hopes to find a base in Fakenham in the New Year.
“We have five drivers now but we are hoping to increase that number as the business develops,” said Mr Heagren.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 10 Norfolk war hero saluted at poignant service
Parkside is a well-known repair garage and service station, having been established since 1971, and Andrew Collins said that he and his father were pleased to be expanding its activities.
Parkside Cars can be contact on 01328 855551.