New taxi firm plugs gap in Fakenham
An established garage business near Fakenham has this week launched of a new taxi service, filling a gap left by the collapse of a previous firm.Parkside Garage, run by father and son John and Andrew Collins, is now operating 10 vehicles, including one minibus, from its site on the A148 main road at Thursford.
An established garage business near Fakenham has this week launched of a new taxi service, filling a gap left by the collapse of a previous firm.
Parkside Garage, run by father and son John and Andrew Collins, is now operating 10 vehicles, including one minibus, from its site on the A148 main road at Thursford.
The new service, Parkside Cars, has created new jobs and fills a gap in the market left by the closure of Courtesy Cabs, which was based in Bridge Street at Fakenham.
Parkside has acquired some of the former Courtesy fleet, plus some of its drivers, but Andrew Collins stressed that it has no direct association with the previous company.
You may also want to watch:
The new service is to be run by operations manager Andrew Heagren, and hopes to find a base in Fakenham in the New Year.
“We have five drivers now but we are hoping to increase that number as the business develops,” said Mr Heagren.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Parkside is a well-known repair garage and service station, having been established since 1971, and Andrew Collins said that he and his father were pleased to be expanding its activities.
Parkside Cars can be contact on 01328 855551.