Norfolk cook clears another hurdle in MasterChef
Emma KnightsA Norfolk children's doctor has cleared the latest culinary hurdle on BBC1's MasterChef programme.Emma Knights
A Norfolk children's doctor has cleared the latest culinary hurdle on BBC1's MasterChef programme.
Following last night's episode, Tim Kinnaird, 37 and from Shipdham, near Dereham, has now made it through to the final five in the quest to be crowned Britain's top amateur chef.
In last night's episode, which saw the final six contenders whittled down to five, the contestants had to cook a three-course meal for 20 members of the Women's Institute.
Dr Kinnaird was involved in creating the starter - twice baked cheese souffl� with salad, two types of chutney and fresh pumpkin bread.
The six semi-finalists then had to showcase their skill and creativity in cooking a chicken dish, and for this Dr Kinnaird chose to cook chicken roulade with a truffle, honey, walnut and pine nut sauce and saffron potatoes.
Tonight, at 8.30pm on BBC1, viewers will see Dr Kinnaird and his rival cooks take part in a master class at a top London restaurant, as well as creating a sumptuous banquet worthy of being eaten in the surroundings of one of the capital's most iconic landmarks, the Tower of London.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 7 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 8 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 9 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
Dr Kinnaird has previously said that after 15 years of working as a paediatrician, he now hopes to concentrate on his passion for cooking.