Norfolk cook clears another hurdle in MasterChef
Emma KnightsA Norfolk children's doctor has cleared the latest culinary hurdle on BBC1's MasterChef programme.Emma Knights
A Norfolk children's doctor has cleared the latest culinary hurdle on BBC1's MasterChef programme.
Following last night's episode, Tim Kinnaird, 37 and from Shipdham, near Dereham, has now made it through to the final five in the quest to be crowned Britain's top amateur chef.
In last night's episode, which saw the final six contenders whittled down to five, the contestants had to cook a three-course meal for 20 members of the Women's Institute.
Dr Kinnaird was involved in creating the starter - twice baked cheese souffl� with salad, two types of chutney and fresh pumpkin bread.
You may also want to watch:
The six semi-finalists then had to showcase their skill and creativity in cooking a chicken dish, and for this Dr Kinnaird chose to cook chicken roulade with a truffle, honey, walnut and pine nut sauce and saffron potatoes.
Tonight, at 8.30pm on BBC1, viewers will see Dr Kinnaird and his rival cooks take part in a master class at a top London restaurant, as well as creating a sumptuous banquet worthy of being eaten in the surroundings of one of the capital's most iconic landmarks, the Tower of London.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
Dr Kinnaird has previously said that after 15 years of working as a paediatrician, he now hopes to concentrate on his passion for cooking.