Norfolk duo to run six marathons across the Sahara desert
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Norfolk are taking part in a gruelling race that will see them travel the distance of six marathons across the Sahara desert.
Mark Bartram and Sam Kingston, both in their fifties, are running the Marathon Des Sables next month.
They begin the seven-day run on April 8 and will have to carry all their kit and food required for the duration.
Mr Bartram, of East Tuddenham, and Mr Kingson, of Reepham, have been training together for the past three months along parts of the North Norfolk Coastal Path.
Mr Bartram said: 'Whilst we have been able to train running on sand, we have no experience of running in temperatures that are likely to be over 40 degrees centigrade for most of the race.'
You may also want to watch:
The duo are raising money for the charities Wooden Spoon, Walking with the Wounded, Alzheimer's Society and The Hamlet. To donate visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MarkBartram-mds or https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/samkingston.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named