Norfolk Open Studios calling for artists
- Credit: Richard Cleland
After the cancellation of the Norfolk Open Studios last year, the long anticipated return for the event is over, with applications now open for Autumn.
Norfolk Open Studios is open to artists and makers of all mediums and abilities and is not only one of the biggest events of the Norfolk arts calendar, but the biggest of its kind in the country, bringing sales, exposure and inspiration to hundreds of creatives.
For 16 days a year, the event sees around 400 artists opening up their creative spaces to the public to show, sell and demonstrate their work, creating a diverse artistic community throughout the county.
This year will be hotly anticipated by so many who are itching to go back to sharing their work in person.
Whilst creativity has been a source of comfort, entertainment and sanctuary for many during the past year, it has also been tough for artists, struggling to find the inspiration for new work and, often, to make a living.
You may also want to watch:
Ros Dixon, Norfolk Open Studios administrator, said: “We were delighted to still be able to celebrate some of our amazing artists by hosting Norfolk Opens Studios 2020 online last May, but can’t wait to be back in the studios, smelling the paint and kilns, getting to ask those questions we’ve always wanted to know from the artists themselves. And the chance to buy art direct from the artist is very special”
South Norfolk Artist Andy Jarrett, said: “I have large numbers of visitors from all over the county and further afield who come to see and buy my work, so it’s become an important part of my yearly income which is wonderful.
- 1 Customers 'overjoyed' by new rural shop
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 BGT star leaves children in 'fits of laughter' with school performance
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 'We've got a serious fire in our belly' - Dereham band's post-Covid tour
- 7 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 8 'It's lovely seeing people back'- Smiles as zoo reopens for families
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
“This is only a small part of what Norfolk Open Studios offers, it’s also a nourishing chance to meet the wider artistic community, to make friends and share ideas, as artists we often work in isolation, so Open Studios is highly important.”
For more information and to apply, visit norfolkstudios.org.uk. Applications close Friday 23 April. Norfolk Open Studios will open 25 September to 10 October.