Norfolk schools decorate 100 giant Pudsey Bears for BBC Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at two mid Norfolk schools enjoyed getting their spots on this week as they fundraised for BBC Children in Need.
St Mary's Primary, Beetley, and North Walsham Infant and Junior School were among those who took part in a charity project run by Inspired Youth.
The Norfolk social enterprise group spent the week working with schools across the region to raise money for Children in Need.
Their challenge for 2017 was to decorate 100 giant Pudsey Bears, in an effort involving ten schools, 100 businesses, and 300 students.
The group visited different schools and businesses each day in the week leading up to Friday's BBC Children in Need.
You may also want to watch:
And St Mary's school even enjoyed a visit from a very special guest, when Pudsey Bear himself made an appearance at the school on Monday, November 13.
Headteacher Jessica Balado said: 'We try and support things that mean something to our children, and Pudsey Bear is very easy for them to understand as they know the money goes to children who might be less fortunate than them.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 4 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Campaign group slams smoking ban at council headquarters
'The children in year one and year two spent the morning with the Inspired Youth team, making and decorating Pudsey Bears.
'We all came in dressed in spots, and the other classes all did crafty activities, including a cake sale.'
She described the day as fantastic, thanked Inspired Youth for being very well-organised.
'It was a fabulous, exciting day.'
The school also hosted a movie night on Friday to raise more money for Children in Need.
The Inspired Youth team also visited North Walsham Infant and Junior School on Friday, November 17.
Assistant headteacher Jackie Hallam said: 'We had volunteers from local businesses come into decorate Pudsey Bears with the children.
'68 year two pupils took part in the activity day - they had a wonderful time.
'We always take part in either Red Nose Day or Children in Need.
'Its important for the children to learn about being charitable.
'We had lots of donations, as the children all brought in a pound to come dressed in spots.'
Natalie Davies, chief executive of Inspired Youth, said the project had been a huge success, raising over £800 in total.
She said: 'I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of businesses that have given up their time. The whole week has been lovely.'