‘Inconsiderate parking’ stops buses on Norfolk street
- Credit: Archant
A badly-parked vehicle is stopping buses from getting up or down a Norfolk street.
Konectbus reported just before 9am this morning (Saturday, January 25) that its number 21 bus between Dereham and Fakenham was unable to use Eastgate Street in North Elmham due to "inconsiderate parking".
The bus firm advised passengers to wait at the bus shelter outside the village hall on the B1110 Holt Road instead.
A village resident, who did not wish to be named, said she believed the disruption was caused by a removal van, which was parked on the opposite side of the road to where vehicles usually park.
She said: "It looks like it's a one-off.
You may also want to watch:
"Normally people never park on that side of the road. It's unfortunate the bus couldn't go through."
The street was still blocked as of 10.35am.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 4 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom