Masterchef finalist to judge cooking contest at school and college fun day
- Credit: Archant
Title-winning silverware and a Masterchef finalist are among the highlights at a forthcoming community fun day.
Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form Community Day will be held at the high school from 2.30pm on Monday, July 22, offering an abundance of activities and performances.
All proceeds from the free extravaganza, which students have helped to organise, will go to Dementia Friendly Dereham and mental health projects in the school and college.
Once the event has been opened by a 200-strong community choir, General The Lord Dannatt and his wife Lady Dannatt will cut the ribbon and formally begin the afternoon.
Visitors can then have their photo taken with the EFL Championship trophy, held aloft by Norwich City's title-winning squead just a few weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Former Masterchef finalist and owner of Macarons and More, Tim Kinnaird, will meanwhile judge a cooking competition featuring local sports clubs and their 'signature dish'.
A police dog display can also be enjoyed, while the medal-winning garden produced by Northgate pupils for this year's Royal Norfolk Show will be recreated.
- 1 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
An electric car built by pupils will be available for laps round a circuit and A-level students will treat audience members to an outside performance of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
Raffles, tombolas, food and drink, crafts, music and face-painting will be available throughout the day, while children young and old can get involved in a number of competitions.