Budding number-crunchers crowned this year’s maths challenge champs
- Credit: Archant
Teams of amazing mathematicians took number-crunching to the extreme to be named this year's challenge champs.
Northgate High School, in Dereham, recently hosted the second annual Primary Team Maths Challenge.
Teams of four mathematicians from Beetley, Dereham Church of England Junior Academy, Hockering, North Elmham, Scarning, Garvestone, Thomas Bullock and Necton descended on Northgate High School to see who would be crowned this year's champions.
Pupils were tested on their understanding and application of core skills, as well as communication and team work, and logic. They also took part in a relay round which saw pupils running across the hall to collect and answer questions before tagging their team mates.
There were only four points separating the top three teams - third place, Scarning, second place, Thomas Bullock, and in first place was Beetley.
A spokesperson for the event said: 'Congratulations to all the teams who took part – there was some fantastic maths and teamwork on display.'
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 9 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary
- 10 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box