Budding number-crunchers crowned this year’s maths challenge champs
- Credit: Archant
Teams of amazing mathematicians took number-crunching to the extreme to be named this year's challenge champs.
Northgate High School, in Dereham, recently hosted the second annual Primary Team Maths Challenge.
Teams of four mathematicians from Beetley, Dereham Church of England Junior Academy, Hockering, North Elmham, Scarning, Garvestone, Thomas Bullock and Necton descended on Northgate High School to see who would be crowned this year's champions.
Pupils were tested on their understanding and application of core skills, as well as communication and team work, and logic. They also took part in a relay round which saw pupils running across the hall to collect and answer questions before tagging their team mates.
There were only four points separating the top three teams - third place, Scarning, second place, Thomas Bullock, and in first place was Beetley.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the event said: 'Congratulations to all the teams who took part – there was some fantastic maths and teamwork on display.'
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk