Nursery celebrates Royal Wedding with cakes, dancing, and a special picnic party
- Credit: Archant
Cakes, dancing, and a special picnic was at the heart of a mid-Norfolk nursery's Royal Wedding celebrations.
Excited children and staff at Chicken Cottage Childcare, in Bawdeswell, between Reepham and Dereham, put on a show-stopping spread to mark the occasion.
A spokesperson for the nursery said: 'Any excuse for a party in the cottage and what better than a Royal Wedding?'
The children also enjoyed the build up to the big day.
Evie, aged four, said: 'Prince Harry and Meghan will have a pink carriage.'
Eleanor, also aged four, said: 'They will have cake in a castle.'
Isabelle, aged three, was the first to agree and added: 'The cake will be very tall.'
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 8 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 9 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 10 Norfolk war hero saluted at poignant service
The cake was certainly a hot topic among the children. Erin, aged three, predicted that it would be blueberry and chocolate flavour.
And Isla, aged two and a half, said she would be watching the special day on the television.
The spokesperson added: 'Chicken Cottage would like to send their warmest congratulations to the happy couple.'
- If you are doing something special to mark the Royal Wedding, email reporter Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.