Nursery celebrates Royal Wedding with cakes, dancing, and a special picnic party
- Credit: Archant
Cakes, dancing, and a special picnic was at the heart of a mid-Norfolk nursery's Royal Wedding celebrations.
Excited children and staff at Chicken Cottage Childcare, in Bawdeswell, between Reepham and Dereham, put on a show-stopping spread to mark the occasion.
A spokesperson for the nursery said: 'Any excuse for a party in the cottage and what better than a Royal Wedding?'
The children also enjoyed the build up to the big day.
Evie, aged four, said: 'Prince Harry and Meghan will have a pink carriage.'
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor, also aged four, said: 'They will have cake in a castle.'
Isabelle, aged three, was the first to agree and added: 'The cake will be very tall.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
The cake was certainly a hot topic among the children. Erin, aged three, predicted that it would be blueberry and chocolate flavour.
And Isla, aged two and a half, said she would be watching the special day on the television.
The spokesperson added: 'Chicken Cottage would like to send their warmest congratulations to the happy couple.'
- If you are doing something special to mark the Royal Wedding, email reporter Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.