Letter: Pleased to see Dereham’s outdoor space take priority
- Credit: Ian Burt
I was happy to read in the Dereham Times that Orbit Homes' application to develop land off Greenfields Road, Dereham has been deferred once again owing to Orbit's failure to provide sufficient outdoor playing space to accord with Breckland District Council's Policy DC11.
It is pleasing to note that our MP George Freeman and Anthony Needham, Dereham's Town Clerk, have taken a stand against Orbit's current proposals and I should also like to acknowledge the very important contribution of Mrs Alison Webb, Breckland district councillor who organised and chaired meetings last year of Greenfields/ Wheatcroft residents.
These were well attended and many concerns were raised about the density of the proposed development and its impact on the town's already overburdened infrastructure.
Orbit now have to revise their plans and with some foreboding we wait to see what they will produce.
If houses have to be sacrificed to allow for extra green space will they resort to blocks of flats?
Derek Puck, Greenfields Road, Dereham
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 6 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 7 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 8 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
• Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org