Letter: Pleased to see Dereham’s outdoor space take priority
- Credit: Ian Burt
I was happy to read in the Dereham Times that Orbit Homes' application to develop land off Greenfields Road, Dereham has been deferred once again owing to Orbit's failure to provide sufficient outdoor playing space to accord with Breckland District Council's Policy DC11.
It is pleasing to note that our MP George Freeman and Anthony Needham, Dereham's Town Clerk, have taken a stand against Orbit's current proposals and I should also like to acknowledge the very important contribution of Mrs Alison Webb, Breckland district councillor who organised and chaired meetings last year of Greenfields/ Wheatcroft residents.
These were well attended and many concerns were raised about the density of the proposed development and its impact on the town's already overburdened infrastructure.
Orbit now have to revise their plans and with some foreboding we wait to see what they will produce.
If houses have to be sacrificed to allow for extra green space will they resort to blocks of flats?
You may also want to watch:
Derek Puck, Greenfields Road, Dereham
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
• Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org