Letter: Pleased to see Dereham’s outdoor space take priority
- Credit: Ian Burt
I was happy to read in the Dereham Times that Orbit Homes' application to develop land off Greenfields Road, Dereham has been deferred once again owing to Orbit's failure to provide sufficient outdoor playing space to accord with Breckland District Council's Policy DC11.
It is pleasing to note that our MP George Freeman and Anthony Needham, Dereham's Town Clerk, have taken a stand against Orbit's current proposals and I should also like to acknowledge the very important contribution of Mrs Alison Webb, Breckland district councillor who organised and chaired meetings last year of Greenfields/ Wheatcroft residents.
These were well attended and many concerns were raised about the density of the proposed development and its impact on the town's already overburdened infrastructure.
Orbit now have to revise their plans and with some foreboding we wait to see what they will produce.
If houses have to be sacrificed to allow for extra green space will they resort to blocks of flats?
Derek Puck, Greenfields Road, Dereham
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 6 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 7 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 8 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 9 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 10 Part of A47 closed after serious crash
• Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org