Popular tribal performers Osiligi Maasai Warriors perform to full house in Dereham
- Credit: Archant
A group of authentic tribal performers were greeted to a full house when they arrived in Dereham to put on a unique show.
The Osiligi Maasai Warriors, from Oleopolos and its surrounding communities in southern Kenya, Africa, performed to an audience at the town's St Nicholas' Church.
Fresh from performing at a concert at Ely Cathedral on the same day, the group's authentic tribal song and dance lived up the building to a captivated crowd.
Spokesperson for the church, Evelyn Speed, said: 'The fantastic, colourful performance was full of tribal dance and singing, telling stories of their culture and history.
'This was a most informative, enjoyable and memorable occasion.'
You may also want to watch:
The audience were encouraged to join in with dancing and Canon Sally Theakston took to the stage to join in.
The group works in close association with UK charity, Osiligi Charity Projects, to support infrastructural improvements in their local community.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist