Picture Gallery: Joseph And The Amazing Techicolour Dreamcoat comes to Dereham
- Credit: Archant
It's one of the most popular musicals of all time.
And audiences in Dereham are being wowed this week as Dereham Operatic Society Youth Theatre Company stages a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
A cast of 40 youngsters aged from seven-17 are taking part with plenty of new faces along with the more familiar and experienced members.
The show is fast moving and colourful and includes all the well-loved songs including Any Dream Will Do, Go Go Go Joseph and Close Every Door.
Auditions for the roles were of a very high standard with some stiff competition for the lead parts. After much deliberation the title role of Joseph went to Elliot Hunter, with Rauiri Blake as the Pharaoh.
You may also want to watch:
Narrators are Rachael Bird and Olivia Dolman and the other main parts are: Reuben (Sam Allen Gatt), Simeon (Joanne Brown), Judah (Avalon Murfet), Dan (Ellie Davidson), Gad (Natalie Scollay), Isaacher (Jordan Quirke), Zebulun (Heather Jones), Benjamin (Alfie Mazzei), Jacob (Rauiri Blake), Potiphar (Mark Taylor), Mrs Potiphar (Brodie Elgood).
Director is John McInness, with Helen Curson as musical director and Jodie Quirke as choreographer and featuring the well-loved songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 6 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 9 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
The show runs until Saturday at Dereham Memorial Hall and is on 7.30pm nightly as well as a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost £10 (concessions £8). The box office is at Arnie's Attic fancy dress in Dereham (01362 691569) or online www.dosoc.co.uk.
All the pictures in our gallery - along with many more images - were taken by Gordon Olley of Breckland Photographic, of Norwich Street, Dereham. Tel: 01362 693476.
*See next week's Times for a review from the show's opening night.