Police offer anti-theft presents
Dominic Chessum They may not be the most romantic of presents but Police in Breckland are encouraging people to buy a stocking filler which will help keep their loved ones' valuables safe in the coming year.
They may not be the most romantic of presents but Police in Breckland are encouraging people to buy a stocking filler which will help keep their loved ones' valuables safe in the coming year.
The constabulary is offering handbag theft alarms and two other types of security device to for under £2.
The handbag alarm comes in a choice of colours and equipped with a 120db siren.
There are also chains to attach a purse to a handbag and a twin purse bell which will ring if anyone attempts to steal your bag.
Colin Hodge, Breckland Home Watch administrator said: “In view of the recent thefts from and of handbags in Breckland and other areas, the security devices have become readily available from the five police stations in Breckland for members of public to purchase.
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 3 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 4 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
- 10 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
“Money is precious to everyone - especially at this time of year and during the credit crunch - so the small cost of buying an alarm could save you from having your property stolen and spoiling Christmas.”