Police offer anti-theft presents
Dominic Chessum They may not be the most romantic of presents but Police in Breckland are encouraging people to buy a stocking filler which will help keep their loved ones' valuables safe in the coming year.
They may not be the most romantic of presents but Police in Breckland are encouraging people to buy a stocking filler which will help keep their loved ones' valuables safe in the coming year.
The constabulary is offering handbag theft alarms and two other types of security device to for under £2.
The handbag alarm comes in a choice of colours and equipped with a 120db siren.
You may also want to watch:
There are also chains to attach a purse to a handbag and a twin purse bell which will ring if anyone attempts to steal your bag.
Colin Hodge, Breckland Home Watch administrator said: “In view of the recent thefts from and of handbags in Breckland and other areas, the security devices have become readily available from the five police stations in Breckland for members of public to purchase.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
“Money is precious to everyone - especially at this time of year and during the credit crunch - so the small cost of buying an alarm could save you from having your property stolen and spoiling Christmas.”