Boy, 16, charged with spitting in face of police officer
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A teenager accused of assaulting a police officer by spitting in their face has been charged.
It follows an incident on Saturday (August 17) night, when officers were called to an address in Dereham at around 10.05pm.
While in attendance, police arrested a 16-year-old boy for spitting at an officer.
The boy was later charged with assaulting an emergency worker and a s.4a public order offence, and has been bailed to appear at King's Lynn Youth Court on Friday, September 13.
Following news of the charge, Breckland police tweeted the hashtag #ProtectTheProtectors.
You may also want to watch:
During what was a busy shift on Saturday night into Sunday morning, a man was also arrested for assault outside a nightclub in Dereham, six people were stop and searched, and officers investigated a complaint about loud music in Watton.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 8 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 9 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences