Police seize vehicles bring driven illegally on region’s roads
- Credit: Archant
A number of vehicles which were not road legal have been seized by police.
A busy couple of days for police in Dereham started on Friday, October 4, when officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team seized a black Peugeot 308 in Commercial Road for having no insurance.
A few hours later, the team seized a motorbike in the Cherry Tree car park, off Theatre Street. The rider was not only disqualified, but the bike also had no insurance and had not passed an MOT.
On Saturday night (October 5), another car was seized in Dereham for not having insurance and the driver only had a provisional license.
Finally, on Sunday (October 6) night, the roads policing team seized a car being driven on the A47 in Swaffham with no insurance, before dealing with the driver whose license had been revoked.
You may also want to watch:
"Words of advice" were also given to another motorist regarding their "manner of driving" and noisy exhaust.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland