Police seize vehicles bring driven illegally on region’s roads
- Credit: Archant
A number of vehicles which were not road legal have been seized by police.
A busy couple of days for police in Dereham started on Friday, October 4, when officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team seized a black Peugeot 308 in Commercial Road for having no insurance.
A few hours later, the team seized a motorbike in the Cherry Tree car park, off Theatre Street. The rider was not only disqualified, but the bike also had no insurance and had not passed an MOT.
On Saturday night (October 5), another car was seized in Dereham for not having insurance and the driver only had a provisional license.
Finally, on Sunday (October 6) night, the roads policing team seized a car being driven on the A47 in Swaffham with no insurance, before dealing with the driver whose license had been revoked.
You may also want to watch:
"Words of advice" were also given to another motorist regarding their "manner of driving" and noisy exhaust.
- 1 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 2 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 3 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 4 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens